Need to protect PDF files, without using a password. And do it quickly? One easy way to prevent unauthorized circulation of your PDF documents, is to imprint the name of the authorized person or company directly into the PDF, so it cannot be removed.
That way, you should know where the unauthorized release of information originated. At the very least, it makes people a little less willing to distribute PDF files, if they know their name will be all over the PDF document.
Here is a free way to do this;
1. Go to http://Stamp.la
2. Select the PDF file you wish to stamp the name of the company or person on
3. Click UPLOAD FILE to bring the file into the system for processing;
4. Enter the name and email of the person whom you wish to imprint into the PDF document
5. The Stamp.la system will then give you a link for download of the imprinted PDF file
6. Download the PDF
7. When you open the protected PDF file, you can see that the person’s name and email is imprinted on every page, in the lower-left hand corner;
This method of protecting your PDF files is effective to a small degree, we recommend additional PDF methods, such as license code entry and live PDF access monitoring, for more effective PDF security.